|Date||03 April 2018|
|Closed Beta I Patch Notes|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Beta v0.6.1||Beta v0.6.4|
- 1 Hueing
- 2 Resources and Crafting
- 3 UI
- 4 Character Creation
- 5 Sound and Music
- 6 World Changes
- 7 Graphics
- 8 Combat
- 9 Pets
- 10 Bug Fixes
- 11 Beta 0.6.3b Client update (April 13th 2018)
- 12 Beta 0.6.3b Server update (April 16th 2018)
- 13 April 27th Server Update
- 14 May 10th Server Update
- 15 May 17th Server Update
Hueing[edit | edit source]
- Using color replacement instead of tinting to color items
Resources and Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Added new ores: Copper, Bronze, Steel & Obsidian
- Added new woods: Ash
- Attack, Defense and Durability bonuses are randomly generated, weighted on both your craft skill and the resource used:
- Maximum Attack bonus from crafting skill: 30%
- Maximum Defense bonus from crafting skill: 1
- Maximum Durability bonus from crafting skill: 50
- Maximum attack bonus from resource: 70%
- Maximum Defense bonus of: 2
- Maximum Durability bonus from resource: 200
- Leather & Cloth now return stacks of 3 and 5 respectively.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Double-click will interact with any object in the world
- Click and drag off an NPC/monster to make a draggable health bar frame
Character Creation[edit | edit source]
- Can now select skin tone separate from face
- Added facial hair for men
- Added starting clothing / clothing color selection
- Replaced profession selection with skill selection
- Starting items are based on the 4 skills you choose
- Skill titles are now being awarded
- New treasure chest interiors
- Escape opens main menu when nothing is targeted
- Add Hotkey 'L' for toggle ability window
Sound and Music[edit | edit source]
- Added missing weapon sound effects
- Monsters/animals now play a sound effect when entering player range.
- New Southern Hills music
World Changes[edit | edit source]
- Escorts spawn in town that ask you to take them to another town
- Hunters spawn in town asking you to help them kill different types of monsters
- Graveyard decorations improved
- Corruption dungeon decorations improved
- Buildings in Valus now isometric to require less camera rotation while navigating the city
- Some dynamic camps in the world spawn with treasure chests. The key to unlock the chest is randomly spawned on one of the camp inhabitants.
- Added guard spawns by outpost bank and hearth
- Added no housing region around teleport towers
- Added no housing regions in front of entrance to Waterfall Cave
- Creates no longer spawn all facing the same direction
- Neutral towns now say protected under the radar map
- Neutral guard range is lowered from 90 feet to 45
- Player corpses now face the direction the player was facing upon death
- Player corpses now match the skin tone/hair/facial hair of the player that died
- Items will retain their position in players backpacks from death to resurrection on a corpse resurrect
- Adjusted the destination of teleport towers to directly in front of the tower, preventing players/pets from becoming stuck.
- Summon Portal cast time set to 6 seconds, up from 2.25 seconds.
Graphics[edit | edit source]
- Improved sparkle effect on corpses
- Lighting and post processing improvements (Bloom is back!)
- Removed fallen tree in Eldier village
Combat[edit | edit source]
- Rebalanced all monster spell damages, defense and attack.
- Rebalancing of all weapons and armors.
- Weapons have innate swing speeds.
- Attack bonus modifiers have replaced flat bonuses.
- Strength now offers up to 40% attack bonus.
- Vigor now offers upto 120% attack bonus.
- Accuracy and Evasion globally decreased.
- Hit chances have been decreased substantially when facing more difficult opponents.
- Reduced base stamina
- Adjusted spell damages.
- Channeling spell damage bonus has been increased.
- Magical staves have been temporarily removed. Pending balancing will be reintroduced to offer a small spell damage bonus.
- Removed ability global freeze.
- Many trained abilities no longer reset your swing timer.
- Canceling a trained ability no longer resets swing timer.
- Reduced bandage heal amount.
- You must stand on a hidden players to reveal them.
- Armor and weapons no longer have required skills.
- Agility no longer influences evasion and substantially influences swing speed.
- Light Armor Proficiency only provides a 20% critical hit bonus at GM.
- Heavy Armor Proficiency only provides 20% critical hit protection at GM.
- Cure no longer causes friendly pets to attack you.
- You can now salve others.
- Karma protect flag stops AoE from hurting group mates.
- You can no longer use prestige abilities without the required skills.
- Stasis effect no longer gets stuck.
- Fireball and ruin have had their circles switched.
- Ruin was replaced with Fireball for new player spellbooks.
- Utility spells can no longer be spell chambered.
Pets[edit | edit source]
- Beasts can no longer be tamed without GM Animal Taming.
- Prevented Dread from being dismissed to a statue.
- Prevented summoning a pet statue when a player cannot control the pet.
- Added distance check to dismissing a pet.
- Fixed issue with Pet statues breaking on server restarts, only applies to new statues.
- Players can now rename their pets.
- Pets no longer become stuck upon one another.
- Pets now teleport with players when using the /stuck command.
- Pets are now guard-whacked when committing negative actions within a guard zone.
- All mobiles are protected by insta-kill now, it no longer only applies to player vs player.
- All negative actions by pet owners cause the owner and all pets to suffer the consequences.
- All negative actions by a pet causes the pet's owner and all the owner's pets to suffer the consequences.
- Can no longer mount while hidden or cloaked.
- Max stabled pets increased to 15, up from 6.
- Pets no longer give rewards/sparkle to players on death.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Client performance improvements.
- Animal/Monster AI is now much more responsive
- Guild tags are now unique.
- Visual tears in terrain have been sewn together.
- Improved many areas of static collision.
- Oceans and rivers now appear on the mini map.
- Silk now drops on spiders.
- You can no longer request a guard follow you.
- Bankers are now invulnerable.
- Fullscreen is now true windowless border mode.
- Guards now always see invisible players.
- Buried treasure chests now decay properly.
- Catacombs teleporter sends you back to graveyard.
- Catacombs skulls stack properly.
- Added karma to villager NPCs.
- Mounted players can no longer climb into beds.
- Corrected Pyros’ Landing teleportation tower.
- Pouches no longer disappear when dropped onto the character window.
- Recall spell can no longer be used to get player vendors guard whacked.
- Invulnerable NPCs will no longer attack others.
- Cloak spell now works correctly between server regions.
- Death’s ‘Deathwave’ ability does the correct amount of damage.
- You can now click to target whilst using click to move.
- You no longer become stuck when using click to move.
- Inventory UI buttons no longer disappear.
- Casting teleport now reveals you from being hidden.
- Items picked up and held on the cursor now drop on death.
- You can now drag items in the inventory list view.
- You now instantly log out at inns and your own house, unless you were recently engaged in a conflict.
- Volume of menu music decreased.
- Monster hit animations improved and corrected.
- Can no longer cast scrolls from your bank.
- Recall scroll now requires regent and blank scroll to craft.
- Player titles no longer get cleared when changing regions
- Added guild title to "Other" tab in title menu.
- Teleporter to the catacombs hub now decays.
- Added regional name tooltip after deciphering soaked maps.
- Improved skill tracking bar.
- Lowered the health of awakening dragon boss.
- Fixed poison spell incorrectly triggering guards.
- Fixed recall causing Karma loss sometimes on self cast.
- Fixed Karma protection flag highlight to match enabled/disabled state.
Beta 0.6.3b Client update (April 13th 2018)[edit | edit source]
- Hireling dialog closes when you close it
- Double clicking an item that is for sale will now get you the “buy” option
- Remove from sale” now disappears from an item when a player buys it.
- Doubleclick now works in character portrait
- Targeting mobs no longer has a delay
- Objects that you cannot pick up or purchase no longer have a mouse highlight
- Taming animation added
- Fixed some villager/miner NPCs spawning without names
- Tweaked combat damages for melee and magic:
- INT now delivers the correct damage modifier (large damage increase at low levels of Intelligence)
- Magic spell damage increased vs monsters
- Melee damage modifier now applies correctly.
- Player starting health increased from 100 to 150 hit points.
- Con modifier adjusted to accommodate for increase in starting health.
- Tailor NPCs now sell leather armor
- Cut off heads now have the name of the original owner attached to them
- New characters now start with some sort of armor
- Question mark removed from minimap, replaced with “ability” on hotbar that summons the guide
- Alt-tabbing should no longer mess with your FPS
- Runes no longer cause pets to get stuck in teleport towers
- Mobs who should be attacking will now attack
- Fixed some issues with the character customizer to support hue system, skin tones, and facial hair.
- Beastmastery skill no longer on skill list at character creation.
- Prestige ability points now update on tracker when consumed.
- Woodland animals now engage with ranged combat users.
- Fixed hotbar problems with actions replaced/removed/not saving
- Fixed terrain appearing white in some places
- Increased “drag distance” to create floating health bars. This should make it harder to make a custom health bar by accident.
- Fixed loading screen in 4k resolutions
- Fixed a bug with the “enter world” button on the map at character creation
- The default interaction on animal corpses is now “Harvest.”
- You will no longer be insta-killed for attacking NPC farmers.
- Fixed static (rock and water) collision not loading in some instances
- Right click to move no longer changes the run/walk toggle for WASD or click to move
- Added a temporary character customizer in Eldier Village so existing players can try the new skin tones and (male) facial hair options
Beta 0.6.3b Server update (April 16th 2018)[edit | edit source]
- Treasure chests in camps should no longer decay.
- Escorts should now be able to cross map regions.
- Server performance improvements. We will be experimenting with longer auto-restart times.
- Fireball/Ruin returned to original difficulties and have the correct cast times
April 27th Server Update[edit | edit source]
- We now prevent players from issuing commands to pets they do not own
- A banker is now always necessary for opening a bank box
- Accuracy corrected on piercing weapons
- Monsters now have a minimum miss rate
- Torch double hit bug has been addressed
- Bard escorts no longer leave permanent portals
- Added command /resethotbar.
About that last note: If you are having problems with your hotbars not saving, please use this command. You will need to log out and back in after using the command for it to fully take effect. Your hotbar will be completely wiped, and you'll need to set it up again from scratch. Please let us know if this works and you stop having hotbar problems.
May 10th Server Update[edit | edit source]
- Various server performance improvements.
- Animal AI has been tweaked
May 17th Server Update[edit | edit source]
- Guards now remove/prevent stasis and vanguard abilities.
- Daggers, Blunts, Poles and Bows now have higher accuracy.
- Reduced gain rate of primary stats substantially.
- Primary combat abilities now multiply total damage instead of offering a bonus to base weapon damage.
- Increased the damage of all primary abilities (bash, slash, power shot etc).
- Increased rate of regeneration attributed to Channeling.
- Increased global stamina regen.
- Temporarily disabled Snipe & Backstab to be replaced next patch.
- Added missing ability books to loot tables
- Rebalanced monsters and in Deception/Contempt/Ruin & Corruption.
- Removed/reduced hit points & health multipliers
- Reduced gold multipliers to x2.
- Pet’s guard stance now guards the owner correctly.
- Pets go back to following the player they were following before combat, if they were following anyone (as opposed to defaulting to the owner).
- Fixed pet go command when issuing via speech.
- Dead players can no longer control their pets.
- Weapon swing timers are now reset when completing, releasing, and canceling spell casts.
- Torches no longer alter swing speed and allow for double hits.
- Characters can no longer use combat abilities while stunned.
- Loot drops that are stacks of an item now properly spawn, instead of only a single item.
- Creatures at the Barrens Awakening Spawn no longer attack one another.
- Misc server optimizations