|This article is a stub. You can help Legends of Aria Wiki by .|
- Each spell has a reagent cost to cast, these can be gathered from the wild, found as loot or bought from an alchemy shop or herbalist.
- Spells have a Base Damage and is then increased based on Magic Affinity skill, the intellect stat also increases your damage with your spells, but to a much lesser extent than Magic Affinity.
- The wisdom stat reduces the amount of damage taken from enemy spells.
- The Channeling skill is a recommended compliment to Evocation since it enables you to recover mana much faster.
Spells[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Difficulty||Spell||Description||Reagents||Required Mana||Cast Time||Recommended skill*||100% Success rate**|
|1||Mana Missile||Shoots a arcane missile that does damages the target on impact.||Lemon Grass||4||.5s||10.0||40.1|
|2||Ruin||Harm your opponent||Moss||6||1s||20.0||50.1|
|3||Fireball||Shoots a flaming ball that does fire damage to the target on impact.||Lemon Grass||9||1.5s||30.0||60.1|
|3||Poison||Poisons the target dealing damage over time and reducing healing.||Mushrooms||9||1.5s||30.0||60.1|
|4||Lightning||Lightning strikes the target doing instant direct damage.||Moss||11||1.5s||40.0||70.1|
|4||Wall of Fire||Creates a wall of fire between 2 points.||Lemon Grass||11||1.5s||40.0||70.1|
|5||Ray of Frost||Shoots a ray of frost that does damages the target on impact.||Lemon Grass||14||1.5s||50.0||80.1|
|6||Rock Bombardment||Launch a large boulder towards the target.||Mushrooms||20||2s||60.0||90.1|
|6||Energy Bolt||Shoots a bolt of ball lightning at your opponent.||Moss||20||2s||60.0||90.1|
|7||Meteor||Bombards the target location with a meteor, doing a sizable amount of damage.||Lemon Grass||40||2s||70.0||100.0
(99% success rate)
|8||Earthquake||Shakes the earth around the caster dealing damage.||Lemon Grass||100||2.5s||80.0||-|
*This is based of the formula Difficulty level * 10 = Minimum skill required, however you are able to cast the spells at a lower skill but with exceedingly low success rate.
**Based on the formula Difficulty level * 10 + 30.1
Training guide[edit | edit source]
If your skill is below 30.0 then visit a mage NPC to buy training, this will put you at 30.0 skill points.
Be sure to move around alot between casting spells, as standing still seems to decrease your chance to increase certain skills.
Training evocation will be expensive because of the Reagents cost, make sure you earn enough copper from your kills to outweigh the cost of casting the spells, for example a lurker generally drops around 30 copper, so you want to spend less than 4-5 spells killing it to earn back the reagents.
You'll start earning more of a profit from evocation when you start hunting in graveyards.
Mana-efficient guide[edit | edit source]
This guide focuses on casting the highest difficulty spell at each level, you'll be failing to cast spells alot of time, which still grants you skill points but doesn't exhaust your mana as fast. The general rule of thumb is the spell difficulty * 10 is a good starting place to cast that spell.
- 30-40: Cast fireball on lurkers in one of the sewers found in the major cities. This will grant you some copper to purchase Reagents while still being in a safe environment.
- 40-50: Cast lightning on lurkers.
- 50-60: Cast Ray of frost, at this point you can continue at a graveyard. Killing skeletons and zombies, they're more difficult than lurkers but yield more copper.
Tip: Kite your target to avoid taking damage and try to not pull more than one monster at a time.
- 60-70: Cast Energy Bolt, since you'll be failing to cast alot in the beginning it's best to stay at a graveyard. But eventually you'll be killing zombies and skeletons much faster with the higher damage spell.
- 70-90: Cast Meteor, since it would be exceptionally hard to kill even simple monsters with meteor at this point, just run around in the woods and cast meteor. This will not earn you any copper though so it's a more expensive approach.
- Alternative 70-90: Continue with Energy bolt, when you've reached 70 evocation you're able to cast Energy bolt quite reliably. At this point you can seek out harder challenges than graveyards, such as the corruption dungeon.
However, you'll need to be able to heal yourself efficiently, so it's recommended to have a higher skill in Manifestation, or atleast 60 healing and vigor. And having wisdom at 25 or higher will lessen the magic damage you take from enemy casters.
- 90-100: At this point you'll be casting Energy bolt with 100% success rate, which however means you're unable to gain any skill points from it. To grind up the last points you're best bet is to cast Meteor, since earthquake is generally not worth it.
Secondary guide[edit | edit source]
This guide instead focuses on using spells which you have a higher chance of successfully casting, which enables you to kill enemies faster and more reliably. Keeping your Reagents cost down.
- 30-35: Ruin/Mana Missle
- 35-45: Fireball/Poison
- 45-55: Lightning/Wall of Fire
- 55-65: Ray of Frost
- 65-75 (up to 90): Energy Bolt/Rock Bombardment
- 75-100: Meteor/Earthquake
NPC Trainers[edit | edit source]
Helpful tips[edit | edit source]
- Starting at 30 you can start casting fireball which greatly improves your ability to kill things.
- Ray of Frost & Energy Bolt both have a component that can slow the target.
- Rock Bombardment when cast has about a 2 second delay before it lands, although if you successfully cast it the mob will attack you right away even though you haven't done any damage yet.
- Meteor and Earthquake will also damage the caster
- You cannot cast Earthquake in town due to its disruption of players.
- Earthquake & Meteor require line of sight to affect targets.