Most activities in Legends of Aria which perform any form of success/failure checking are either dependent on or affected by the stats and/or the skill of the character performing them.
Players may check their character's stats in Character menu (Default hotkey: "C").
There are six stats for characters and creatures which affect proficiency at certain activities. Stats increase when a player successfully performs an action tied to that stat. For example, fighting with a weapon will affect strength & agility.
NOTE: Gaining a skill point does not give you a chance to raise a stat, successfully completing an action does. This means you are more likely to increase your stats when you have a higher skill in an action that can cause stat gain.
Stat Behaviours[edit | edit source]
Upon character creation, the starting value of each stat is 20. A stat's minimum possible value is 10. The maximum value for any stat is 50. The maximum total value of all stats is 150.
Due to the above restrictions on stat points, it is impossible to "max out" all the player's stats. In this case, players may configure how they wish to define their stats. In the Character menu, players will find icons next to their character's stats. Clicking on these icons will change the behaviour of how these stats change when performing actions.
There are three stat behaviours:
- Increase stat (Up Arrow) - When a stat is set to this behaviour, a stat will always attempt to raise in number. The stat may not lower in number in this mode. If the total number of stat points is reached, stat points will not rise.
This is a stat's default behaviour upon character creation. Stats should be kept in this behaviour if this stat is beneficial or required for the player's character.
- Decrease stat (Down Arrow) - When a stat is set to this behaviour, a stat will never raise in number. If the total number of stat points is reached, this stat will lower if another stat is attempting to rise.
Stats should be set to this behaviour if the stat is not at all beneficial to the player character. This behaviour should also be used if room needs to be made for a more important stat.
- Lock Stat (Padlock) - This stat will never raise or lower in number. It is unaffected by any other stat or by the total number of stats.
Stats may be set to this behaviour if the player does not wish for the stat to change.
List of Stats[edit | edit source]
|Stat||Primary influence on||Primary factor for||Additional benefits||Activities to increase Stat|
|Strength||Weapon Damage||Increases damage with weapons||Each level of strength increases inventory
weight capacity by 1 stone
Fighting with melee weapon
|Agility||Stamina Pool||Increased Stamina Pool||Increased attack speed at levels 15, 30,
|Fighting with melee weapon and bow|
|Intelligence||Mana Pool||Increased Mana Pool||Increased Spell Power||Evocation, Manifestation|
|Constitution||Health Pool||Increased Health Pool||-||**See Special Note Below**|
|Wisdom||Magic Resistance||Magic resistance and effects (Chance to take 50% Magic Damage)||-||All Skills|
|Will||CC Resistance||Chance to prevent stuns and poison||-||All Skills|
- Constitution has a special mechanic whereby you cannot gain constitution unless you are using a skill that has 2x your constitution value as skill. For example, if you have 20 constitution, you need to use a skill that is 40 or above. If you have 35 constitution its 70 or above. And so on. From this mechanic, any skill will increase you constitution so long as it meets the requirement.
- Wearing heavy armor impacts Agility (-3 per piece of armor total of -9 with a full suit).
- Agility increases attack speed of both melee and ranged weapons.
Constitution[edit | edit source]
Strength[edit | edit source]
|Strength||Weapon base attack|
|10||-40% weapon base attack|
|15||-30% weapon base attack|
|20||-20% weapon base attack|
|25||0% weapon base attack|
|30||20% weapon base attack|
|35||40% weapon base attack|
|40||60% weapon base attack|
|45||80% weapon base attack|
|50||100% weapon base attack|
|50 STR gives +100% bonus to base attack (J)|
|20 to 50 STR : each point is worth 4% (50 STR is 100%, 25 STR is 0%, 20 STR is -20%). Formula : %Bonus = 1 - (50 - STR) x 0,04|
|10 to 19 STR : each point is worth 2% (10 STR is -40%). Formula : %Bonus = -0,2 - (20 - STR) x 0,02 (Need more data for that part, could be totally wrong)|
Wisdom[edit | edit source]
|Wisdom||Parry magic damage|
|10||0% resist magic damage|
|20||12.5% resist magic damage|
|30||25% resist magic damage|
|40||37.5% resist magic damage|
|50||50% resist magic damage|
Agility (under construction)[edit | edit source]